- Work Day: April 14, at Baptist Collegiate Missions in Terre Haute. All work is outside: Ramp repair and paint, hand rail and yard work. If interested contact Wally Liechty, or sign up at the Welcome Center.
- Trustee meeting: April 15, following the morning service.
- There is a sign-up sheet for graduates on the Welcome Center. If someone in your family is graduating from high school or college, we would love to know about it.
Palm Sunday service (March 25) at 10:00 am.
Good Friday service (March 30):
Tenebrae (Service of shadows) service at 7:00 pm.
Easter Sunday (April 1):
Sunrise Service and breakfast at 7:00 am
Sunday School at 9:00 am
Worship at 10:00 am
(There will be no evening service)
- Trustee meeting: this Sunday, following the morning service.
- Palm Sunday: March 25. The children will do the procession of palms at the beginning of the service. We’d love to have your children or grandchildren participate!
- Sarah Mission Circle meeting: March 26, 1:00 pm in the library.
- Good Friday service: Here, March 30 at 7:00 pm. This will be a special service called a Tenebrae service or “Service of shadows.”
- On Easter, April 1, we will have a Sunrise Service at 7:00 am, followed by a breakfast in the Fellowship Hall. Sunday School will be at 9:00 am and Worship at 10:00 am; there will be no evening service.
- Teams of two are needed for the Tree House in May and November. See a member of the Christian Education Board if you’re interested in helping.
- This Sunday evening, we will be hosting Dr. Elmer Towns. Dr. Towns has written over 100 books, is an editor, college and seminary professor and co-founder of Liberty University. He will teach from his latest publication, I Am God the Son.
- The Christian Education Board needs a team of two in the Tree House for May and November. Please let one of them know if you feel called in this direction.
- March 25 is Palm Sunday. The kids will do a procession of palms at the start of service, then up to the Tree House. We would love to have your children and grandchildren take part this year.
- Greeters are still needed for months from July through December. Please see the sign-up sheet at the Welcome Center.
Dr. Elmer Towns will speak at the First Baptist Church of Linton on Sunday evening, March 4. Dr. Towns will teach from his latest publication, I am God the Son—a paraphrase of the Gospels written as if Jesus was the narrator, telling the story of his birth, life, death, and resurrection. This unique way of reading the accounts of Jesus makes the gospel story both personal and impactful in a whole new way—as if God is personally telling His story.
Dr. Towns began teaching at Midwest Bible College, St. Louis, Missouri. After three years and not satisfied with the provided textbooks, Dr. Towns decided to write his own. Since then, he has published several college textbooks, over 100 books that are listed in the Library of Congress, and seven that are listed in the Christian Booksellers Best Selling List. Alongside being a well-known author, Dr. Towns is an editor, college and seminary professor and lecturer, and dedicated Sunday school worker. He has developed over 20 resource packets in leadership education. Read More »